About Eurasia-Pacific Uninet
The network was founded in the year 2000 and has been strongly supported by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Science and Research (BMWF) and the Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research (OeAD-GmbH).
With a total of 152 member institutions in Austria, China, Mongolia, the Russian Federation, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Nepal, Bhutan, India, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the Republic of Korea, the network promotes multilateral scientific cooperation, joint research projects, conferences as well as faculty and student exchange.
Eurasia-Pacific Uninet is the largest sovereign university network of its kind within Europe.
The goal of Eurasia-Pacific Uninet is to support interdisciplinary scientific exchange between its member institutions through
- scholarships for Post Docs and Ph.D. students coming to Austria
- summer schools
- scientific, economic and cultural relations between Austria and the target countries
- R&D activities of multinational companies
- visiting professorships
- reciprocal acknowledgement of study degrees and programs
- research scholarships for member institutions
- contacts between government agencies, educational institutions and companies
- intercultural expertise through intensive programs and courses
- joint research centers
- joint schools for teaching, research and training
- development of joint curricula and double-degree programs
- research activities by means of workshops, seminars, conferences and through the exchange of scientists among member institutions
With January 1, 2010 the Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research (OeAD-GmbH) became the holding company for the Eurasia-Pacific Uninet administrative unit.